Trust Our Highly Professional, Highly Trained Bears!
When most homeowners are shopping for a new central air conditioning system, they focus mainly on the make and model that is right for their needs and budgets. Unfortunately, they rarely pay attention to the installation process, which is a HUGE mistake. And here’s why: Your AC’s energy efficiency can be as much as 30 percent less if your unit is not installed properly. That’s right! You’ll also spend more and get less cool comfort!
The fully licensed and highly experienced technicians at Arctic Air are perfectionists when it comes to installing your new AC system. We’ve done it over and over again—and will pay attention to every little detail. When you work with us, you can be assured your AC installation will be seamless.
Here are just some of the things that can go wrong when you try to install an AC system yourself or your installers aren’t as picky about the installation process as we are:
- Your new system isn’t the right size for your home. If your new AC unit is too small, it will put in its max effort—and still never achieve your desired comfort level efficiently. If your system is too large, it will short-cycle, which means it will turn on and off too frequently. In both instances, you won’t receive the cool comfort at the affordable cost you deserve and your system will wear out faster than it should.
- Your drainage system isn’t properly installed. Your AC system creates a lot of moisture, so proper drainage is essential. Poor drainage can lead to damaged drywall, mold growth, yucky smells and backed-up pipes. The trained techs at Arctic Air will make sure your drainage system is placed correctly—and working properly.
- Your thermostat is baking in the sun! Your AC system will not operate as efficiently as it should if your thermostat is located near air vents or in a very sunny spot. When your thermostat is located in the wrong spot, its temperature will fluctuate too much, forcing your AC to work overtime.
- Your ducts aren’t properly sealed. When there are cracks or leaks in your ductwork, the cool air your system has worked hard to create will flow out of the ducts instead of into your indoor space. As a result, your home will be too warm and your AC bills will be too high. Our team will make sure those ducts are sealed up tight!
- Your condenser is hot, hot, hot! Your thermostat isn’t the only device that needs to be out of the sun to operate efficiently. Your AC’s condenser will function at its best out of direct sunlight. We’ll scout out the ideal spot for your condenser!
- Your vents are in the wrong place. Your vents need to be strategically placed throughout your home for proper airflow. We’ll also make sure they’re not in a location where they can be covered up easily—another no-no.
- Too much refrigerant was added to your system. This is a rookie mistake that can ruin your AC system. Our well-trained, professional HVAC tech will avoid this disaster by adding just the right amount of refrigerant.
- Your condenser doesn’t have the space it needs. To operate efficiently, your AC condenser needs at least 8 to 12 inches of clearance on every side. If the space is cramped, the condenser won’t be able to take in air efficiently and will struggle to cool your home. The results? You guessed it! Higher energy bills and unnecessary wear and tear on your system!
If you’re planning to install a new air conditioner soon, we encourage you to take advantage of one of our current specials: $500 off a new installation! Make sure to check out our other opportunities for big savings, too!
During your AC installation, we’ll answer all of your questions and show the utmost respect for you and your home. Why? We’re the bears who care. That’s why!
Schedule Your Appointment Today!
We’re also the experts you want in your cave for reliable, affordable AC repairs and maintenance. Call us today at 661.466.4495 or contact us through our website.